If you don’t have tickets to Dolly Parton’s 50th anniversary show at the Grand Ole Opry on Oct. 12, you can still catch all of the action on TV—albeit six weeks later.
The two-hour TV special, Dolly Parton: 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry, will debut on NBC on Nov. 26 at 9 p.m. ET. The show will feature new interviews and Opry performances from Dolly, Dierks Bentley, Emmylou Harris, Chris Janson, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Margo Price, Hank Williams Jr. and more.
“I’m so thrilled to be celebrating my 50-year anniversary with the Grand Ole Opry,” says Dolly. “I’m also excited that NBC wanted to share in this milestone with me. Together we hope to entertain a broader audience on what the Grand Ole Opry is and what it means to me. We have some special treats, surprises and great performances by some very talented artists and I’m looking so forward to sharing it with you.”
The Opry is celebrating Dolly Week from Oct. 8–12 with a number of special performances. Dolly was inducted into the Opry on Jan. 4, 1969.
Dolly Week Lineup
- Oct. 8 | Dustin Dustin Lynch, Suzy Bogguss, The Isaacs, Stephanie Quayle and more
- Oct. 9 | Sara Evans, Del McCoury Band, Don Schlitz, Sam Williams, Stephanie Urbina Jones and more
- Oct. 10 | The Gatlin Brothers, Dale Ann Bradley, Emily West, Shawn Camp & Lauren Mascitti, Sierra Hull, Hannah Dasher and more
- Oct. 11 (Two Shows) | Bill Anderson, Barry Gibb, Dierks Bentley (1st show only), Margo Price, Emmylou Harris, Chris Janson and more
- Oct. 12 (Two Shows) | Dolly Parton, Lady Antebellum, Jeannie Seely, Toby Keith, Margo Price, Barry Gibb, Hank Williams, Jr. (1st show only), Candi Carpenter and more
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com