Here you can get the latest information on the coronavirus, or COVID-19, in Louisiana and resources to be prepared and keep your family safe.
Here are the latest Louisiana coronavirus numbers:
LDH has discontinued the daily update on Saturdays.
Here are Sunday’s numbers:
- 210,124 confirmed cases
- 3,478 new cases reported since Friday
- 6,015 confirmed deaths
- 27 new deaths reported since Friday
- More than 185,000 presumed recovered
- 967 patients in the hospital, with 105 of those on ventilators
- 3,331,324 total tests completed and reported to State *includes molecular and antigen testing
Slow the Spread: CLICK HERE to read the CDC guidelines on coronavirus
When should I see a doctor?
According to the CDC, if you have a fever, cough or other symptoms, you might have COVID-19. Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider.
Use the CDC’s self-checker guide here.
If you are experiencing symptoms, call your medical provider first and get instructions on how to report for a test.
News you can use:
- The FDA’s list of dangerous hand sanitizers grows to more than 100
- Is it allergies, the flu or the coronavirus? How to tell the difference
- A guide to keeping your child safe and reassured as coronavirus spreads
- How to manage OCD and anxiety amid the coronavirus
- Researchers created a test to determine which masks are the least effective
For more information, click here or call the state’s coronavirus hotline by dialing 2-1-1.